On our second day in Margate we hiked around the coast towards Broadstairs, and were treated to blazing blue skies and hazy sun shimmers across the ocean.....
I became a little obsessed with photographing the old tidal bathing pools that we passed along the coast, as the sun rose in the sky they took on the air of infinity pools, set off by the greeny black seaweed.
All along the coast are reminders of Margate's history and heyday as an art deco bathing spot, the old lido sign still stands proud against the huge skies.
We stopped off at the incredible Botany Bay, and couldn't believe that we had the beach to ourselves, although layers of footprints in the wet sand told the story of a host of early morning dog walkers!
(All images are my own photography/styling, please link back to this blog and credit accordingly when featuring elsewhere, many thanks!)
And finally, some Margate recommendations,
- perfect lunch pit stop with home made burgers and cakes
- quite simply one of the loveliest B&B's ever!
- culture with views of the ocean, perfect....
- fabulous for mid century furniture and quirkily curated vintage finds
- a must visit, curious and curiouser!
- beautifully presented contemporary Indian cusine